Our extensive repository houses a sizeable storage of various human tissues and biofluids that can be made available for ancillary study experiments, including serum, plasma, red blood cells, and urine specimens. Our biospecimen collections are stored in a private biorepository and are used for laboratory research.
We adhere to strict quality control criteria for the procurement of biospecimens, which are aquired through an IRB-approved process.
In order to be allowed access to these materials, investigators will be required to have proficiency in the following areas:
- Necessary knowledge of collecting and processing human biospecimens.
- Ability to plan a successful research study using biospecimens.
- How to properly store and manage biospecimen data.
- A basic understanding of the ethical and privacy issues related to biobanking.
- Posses the applicable hands on techniques related to informed consent, data queries, biospecimen collection and storage.